Saturday 20th November // 10am-12pm
Fascia is fascinating! Did you know…
- We have a vast network of tissue (fascia) that connects us from our head to our toes. What does this mean? It means that what happens in one area of our body has a direct impact elsewhere (ever had a hip injury and ended up with neck pain?)
- Fascia also plays a big role in our proprioception, and as we age it becomes even more important to have top notch proprioceptive skills (AKA body awareness)
- Improving the health and resilience of our fascia, through movement and focused exercises, can help to ease neck, back and shoulder stiffness we develop from overdoing desk work (or chaturangas).
- Our fascia adapts to our habits and patterns of movement (or lack of).
Fascia is an almost liquid, connective tissue which is one continuous structure that exists from head to toe without interruption. Practitioners and experts from all fields of movement are discussing and researching it, and it’s revolutionising our understanding of how the body moves.
The fascia adapts to habitual patterns of movement and stillness, therefore, it plays a significant role in how our body moves and feels; healthy fascia helps our body move with ease and freedom. Movement and posture can also have have an immediate and measurable impact on our mood. So, if your body feels stiff or tight, or you’re feeling tense or downcast, this workshop is for you!
It is also a great workshop if you’re interested to learn more about the human body or a teacher looking to further support students in deepening their movement practice.
We’re beginning to throw away the old paradigms and move towards a new fluid approach to movement practice. In this practical Scaravelli yoga workshop with MFML teacher, Catherine Annis, we will learn all about this magical structure and its impact on our yoga practice. Expect to explore movement, feel the fascia and learn how we can connect to it in a yoga class.
In this workshop, we will:
- Learn more about what fascia is and how it affects us in yoga
- Develop approaches to unwind the fascial web in a variety of yoga poses
- Release habitual holding patterns and areas of restriction and tension through a movement practice
- Understand the importance of fascia to our structural stability
- Cultivate a fresh approach to yoga that will return you to free, easy movement
This workshop is suitable for all abilities and levels – everyone is welcome!
Catherine is well known for her imaginative and practical approach to yoga. Her practice and teaching focuses on deepening physical awareness and alignment to reveal the natural freedom of the body, particularly the spine.
Can’t make it live?
We will be offering a on-demand playback of the workshop for 7 days afterwards, so you don’t have to miss out!
£15 for subscribers
£20 for non-subscribers
BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED
See our current live online events here
If you have any questions about this online workshop with Catherine, drop us a message on email@example.com
Terms and conditions
The live online workshops are for your education and your enjoyment only. You are participating in the live classes at your own risk. You are encouraged to to take breaks when needed and/or when in doubt, don’t do sequences that you are even a little concerned about. If you have any health condition, please seek medical advice before taking any form of exercise. If you have any concerns, please let us know before the workshop starts.
If you feel unwell in any way or if you experience any discomfort during class, please stop the class and consult your health practitioner immediately. Remember that yoga is mostly a journey off the mat and into life, and it is a journey about taking responsibility for our own actions and cultivating self-knowledge. Only choose exercises which will nurture and support you, and please take responsibility for yourself and your current abilities during your practice. Remember that each day is different, and even if yesterday you were able to perform a movement, that is no indicator that the same exercise is possible today. Please move within your comfortable limits and if you’re in any doubt whatsoever, please seek medical advice.
We are not medical practitioners and we do not seek to offer medical advice. Please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new exercise. This is particularly important if you have any limiting condition or are, pregnant, nursing, regularly taking medications, or have any existing medical conditions. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury or damage, either during or after this retreat. Your participation in this retreat is entirely voluntary and at your own risk, and you agree to abide by the T&Cs of Movement for Modern Life.
Your secure payment will reserve your place on this very intimate, special online retreat. No refunds will be made.
By signing up to the online retreat, you consent to us adding your name and email address to our marketing database. If you do not wish to receive emails from us outside of this retreat, please do let us know and we will be sure to remove you from our database.
Leave a Reply