This week I’m taking a week of ‘working retreat’ whilst I’m doing the Cellular Renewal Challenge, alongside 200 of you. So well done, renewers, keep it up, it’s tough out there!
And whilst renewing my cells and re-treating I’m working out, what is it to Treat myself? We know what it is to re-treat, but what’s a Treat? This week, my treats aren’t in the form of sugary snacks or cups of coffee, which had led to a slightly more grumpy form of me. But it has left me to wonder what real treats are in life.
Maybe you might take a think about how you treat yourself. As part of the Cellular Renewal, we’re encouraged to take baths, get plenty of sleep and treat ourselves kindly as well as of course do our daily yoga and meditation classes.
So I’m trying not to beat myself up as usual when things go wrong (and boy, are things going wrong this week!) – but to really treat every moment as a treat, as well as treating my self!
Every moment really is gift – an added bonus. And amongst all of the busy-ness of business I hardly every get to really stop to appreciate everything from my cells to the wonder of the universe.
Inspired by the Natural Beauty of the coast I would ask that if you do 5 things this weekend do this:
- Make a list of everything you’re grateful for.
- Be more ‘Rock’ – yes, life has ups and downs, but stay strong, resilient and steadfast in the face of them.
- Stop. Just stop and take a look around, notice all of the tiny things in life which are so beautiful, so wonderful, from the beauty of your functioning cells, to the wonder of all the food we have to eat, to the beauty of Movement.
- Enjoy your body. Whatever you look like, whatever you wear, take note of how wonderful you feel when your body moves.
- Remember to move more! Oh and we have some lovely videos which might help with that!
I hope that this inspires you to treat yourself this week!
This article was written in January 2016 by Movement for Modern Life’s fabulous founder, Kat Farrants.
Leave a Reply