Are you organised, efficient, bright and would you like to find out what it’s like to work inside a fun, fast-growing start up? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
To keep up with the speed we’re growing and the wonderful opportunities that MFML now are being presented with, we’re needing to add to our team again!
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about spreading the word of the very best teachers and practices. If you think that folks in the modern world need the tools of yoga, meditation and wellbeing from the very best teachers and if you are keen to learn more, get creative, get productive, roll your sleeves up, do back-end and admin work and tell us what we could be doing better, this could be the position for you.
This role can be performed either remotely or from the Founder Kat’s office in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
The current role is Freelance for circa. £10/hour working approx 21 hours/week, with potential to go full-time/employed as the role will grow alongside you, and potential to really mould the future of MFML.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV telling me about why you think you’d be a fabulous fit, and start your cover letter by letting me know your favourite class on MFML.
Please send all applications direct to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th November.
About the Role:
- You’ll be a sounding board, working closely with the CEO, Kat. You’ll be an organisational genius, and be able to think creatively about ways to improve MFML. You will also be able to work with a team on implementation.
- You’ll be in charge of all the administration of MFML, organising new and special projects, events and trade shows and working with Kat as well as with the marketing team.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for MFML
- You’ll upload content and videos onto the website and be comfortable working with technology
- You’ll be in charge of Kat’s emails and will respond to customer emails
- You’ll have responsibility for MFML blog content and admin
- You’ll ensure we have key influencers/teachers writing timely blogs each week. Upload content of the blogs onto our WordPress blog site.
- You’ll create graphics for use across our social platforms
- You’re passionate about making yoga and the tools of mindful movement accessible to all
- You’re super organised
- You’re hungry to learn about how a home-grown start-up works
- You’re excited to be second in command to the CEO
- You want to build on your skills in business development
- You’re proactive
- You have an amazing attention to detail
- You have excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organisational, and research skills.
- You just love to get things done, and don’t mind if you sometimes get things wrong
- You love to just roll your sleeves up and get on with things
- You have a good sense of humour and a robust personality
- You love computers and are unafraid of tech. You know how to use Mailchimp, WordPress and HTML code.
- You are keen to learn about customer support
- You value autonomy and flexibility
- Optional: You can come into the office in Stroud, Gloucestershire once a week to work with Kat face to face, although the role can be done remotely.
- You love dogs!
Movement for Modern Life are the UK’s online yoga platform. We have become the ‘Netflix of Yoga’ (Vogue), and in the last five years become a household name for the very best online yoga and wellbeing classes.
We have grown organically, through word of mouth and evangelists. We’re down to earth. We prefer our dodgy tracksuit bottoms to brand new. We are centred and focused on the practices that make us feel amazing, and are an antidote to frazzled modern life. We provide the tools in your toolkit to help you navigate through the word today. We are fans of yin yoga in our PJ’s at home. We’re fans of qigong and self-care healing practices with candles in our front room. We love a morning energising yoga class. We have many different styles, we are about diversity in every way. We are about yoga on and off the mat and showing folks how to live a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.
But we won’t compromise on only having the very best teachers on board. Our teachers are there for you in the comfort of your own home supporting and nurturing you to become your best self in every way, become healthier, wiser, stronger, more focused, calm and energised and transform every single day. We support smaller, grass roots environmental and health charities, and support yogis and those in wellbeing who are living their practices.
- We’re now 5 years old
- Run by sole founder, yogi and dog-lover, Kat Farrants
- We’ve grown organically, but swiftly – putting our community at the heart of everything we do
- We never, ever compromise our values – it’s about the mission, not the moment!
- We believe in working in our own time
- We work smart, not long
- We take it easy, not hard
- We believe in the work of the very best teachers
- We follow our dharma and don’t believe in drama
- We believe in diversity, honesty, openness, transparency
- We believe that when we’re learning, we’re happy
- We’re OK getting things wrong, so long as we keep trying
- We’re flexible and mostly unstructured
- We know that we’re only as good as our Teachers and Community
- We’re a small, close knit team
- We have occasional team working days and fun days out