Movement for Modern Life is hiring a summer intern to help with an exciting and fun storytelling project.
This is a temporary summer role for approximately four weeks from the end of July 2021. The role offers an exciting opportunity to gain work experience at an innovative and growing start-up.
This project is fun, creative and gives you the chance to interact with interesting people who are keen to share their wellbeing journey. Your task will be to gather personal stories and testimonials from our customers and teachers, collate these stories into a storyboard, edit them together and present in a final video for MFML marketing.
For this role you will be working remotely and travelling around to take these videos in home environments, outdoor areas or parks.
We are looking for filming to be done simply on a phone, so previous videography and editing experience is beneficial but not necessary for the role. More importantly you will share and be motivated to spread Movement for Modern Life’s vision of improving health and happiness through yoga, meditation and mindful movement.
This is a paid role.
The person who takes on this project will be a confident, creative and resilient self-starter. They will be relatable, sociable and enjoy stepping out of their comfort zone.
Although photography and videography skills are necessary, the priority for this role is that you are passionate about storytelling, and the health/wellbeing/yoga world. If you’re already a MFML fan… even better!
Your achievements, accolades, school grades aren’t important. But your attitude is everything. If you can bring oodles of passion, fun, confidence, you’re bright and able to think on your feet, you love to work independently, love people and telling stories, then this is for you.
You will be paid £1000 for this project, plus travel expenses and 12 months access to Movement for Modern Life.
- Confident, self-reliant and happy to work on your own with minimal supervision
- Outgoing, sociable, and you enjoy meeting new people
- Highly creative and excited to help us share our story and spread the Movement
- Interested in story telling through the means of film/video/photography
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and highly productive
- Organised and have excellent time-management skills
- Proactive and willing to step up to a challenge
- Happy to work remotely and able to travel
- Passionate about health and wellbeing
- Resilient, able to think on your feet and adapt the plan to changing circumstances
- Have a sense of fun and adventure
- Have basic editing skills would be beneficial
Details on the role and responsibilities:
- The project should take you approximately 4 weeks, but could roll on longer (start date is end of July)
- You are responsible for all organisation, admin and the equipment necessary for the project
- This is a fun, creative project where you will be gathering personal stories and testimonials from our customers about their wellbeing stories.
- You are required to travel around to take short, personal videos in customers’ and teachers’ home environments or in outside areas
- You will finish by producing a storyboard and final edit that shares the story of the videos you have collated
- This role requires a creative vision and lots of autonomy.
We are the leading voice in the UK’s yoga and wellbeing sector and voted Number One Yoga Platform 2020. Movement for Modern Life is a transformational solution. We transform people’s lives by bringing world-class yoga and movement teachers into homes and businesses. We have partnered with the NHS to provide our subscriptions to all NHS staff, and we are constantly seeking to extend our offerings to more people. Our mission is to make yoga, and it’s world of movement and mindfulness, accessible, enjoyable and sustainable to everyone. We make the very best teachers and classes truly accessible to all.
This is a unique opportunity to experience working in a fast-growing, innovative but down to earth company. Our whole team works remotely, we all value autonomy and freedom and occasionally meet up for a social or team day.
Location and Logistics
You will do this work remotely. We don’t mind where you are based, but within easy travel distance to London is important, as you will need to be mobile to take photos and videos. This role is ideal for a resilient self-starter who is self-motivated but also likes to work as part of a very important Movement. You will need either your own transport, or be happy to take public transport. The logistics and organisation of this role is entirely in your control.
If you’re excited by this project and would like to work with MFML this summer, please apply by sending a short (2-4 minute) video on why you would be perfect for the role. Find full instructions and upload your video here. Please also email a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 26th July 2021.