This guest post is part of our Conscious Living content series and written by our friend Patricia Afonso – CMO of Planty. Planty and MFML have teamed up to help you explore more conscious food and movement choices to support more sustainable and healthier lifestyles.
This quick and simple recipe is the perfect dinner after a long day at work. Serves 4
½ sheet rolled Plant based puff pastry (we recommend Jus-rol as it’s plant-based)
100g sliced vegan cheese (we used Violife hard cheese)
200g whole cooked beetroot – sliced thinly
1tbsp olive oil
1 Orange zest and small thyme sprigs
Handful of rocket leaves
Sprinkle Sea salt
Sprinkle Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Cut the puff pastry into a sheet
- Place on a baking tray with parchment on the bottom and top and then place a heavy pan on top to keep the pastry from raising in the middle
- Add in for 12 minutes
- Remove the pan and parchment on top and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lay the cheese inside the middle. (save some cheese to garnish) Then add the sliced beetroot over the cheese. Drizzle a little oil over the top.
- Add back in the oven for 10 minutes
- While it’s in the oven. Wash the rocket leaves and dress with some olive oil.
- Once the cheese has melted and the sides are nicely golden brown and add some thyme sprigs & orange zest around the top. Add some rocket salad over the top.
- Slice and share
Check out our other recipes and week of meal suggestions to help you get more plants into your diet.
Leave a Reply