This guest post is part of our Conscious Living content series and written by our friend Patricia Afonso – CMO of Planty. Planty and MFML have teamed up to help you explore more conscious food and movement choices to support more sustainable and healthier lifestyles.
This delicious pancake recipe includes an array of exciting toppings – treat yourself this weekend to this brunch-worthy meal! Makes 2 large or 4 small pancakes.
- 100g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 130 plant milk (I used pea milk)
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic (finely grated)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 spring onion – finely sliced
- 2 tsp fresh chives – roughly chopped (save a few for garnish)
- 150g mixed cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sprinkle chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g Oyster Mushroom clusters – cut into pieces
- 2tbsp oil
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 2tbsp Plain yoghurt (plain unsweetened)
- 1tsp truffle oil (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200c fan, gas mark 7
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix the milk and lemon juice together a let it thicken for 5 minutes (remember to whisk as it will slightly split)
- Mix the milk inside the flour making sure all the flour has been incorporated
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients inside and mix well.
- Heat a small frying pan, preferably non-stick with a touch of oil on a low heat
- Once hot, spoon in the mixture and spread it to the edge of the pan
- While you are cooking the pancakes, add the tomatoes in a small tray with balsamic vinegar, seasoning and optional chilli flakes. Mix well
- Then add the mushroom pieces, oil and dried garlic in a small tray or if the tray is big enough then add next to the tomatoes. Mix well
- Add the tray/s in the oven for 15 minutes
- Flip the pancakes over once you have a golden colour, then fry on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove then repeat again for the other pancakes.
- To make the quick dressing for the pancakes, mix the yoghurt, truffle oil and black pepper together and save till the end.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked and the mushrooms and tomatoes are roasted, grab 2 plates and lay 2 pancakes on top of each other. Then add the tomatoes and mushrooms over the pancakes, followed by the dressing drizzled around. A few rocket leaves and chopped chives work really well. Some more chili flakes are nice if you like the added heat.
Check out our other recipes and week of meal suggestions to help you get more plants into your diet.