How often do you spend a moment reflecting on your blessings? Gratitude is good for you, so check out these snippets and find a reason to feel blessed.
What am I grateful for in my life today?
- You are blessed , if you woke up this morning with more health than illness. You are more blessed than the millions who wont survive the week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world.
- If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost 3 billion people in the world.
- If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If your parents are married and still alive, you are very rare.
- If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but do not.
- If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
- If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all.
You are so blessed in ways you may never even know…
Writer Unknown (but very wise)
This post was shared by Andrea Kwiatkowski, an Advanced Jivamukti certified teacher. She also teaches Yin yoga and Restorative yoga. Andrea is known for her deep philosophical message in her class, interweaving the teachings from the scriptures and making them practical for everyday living. She lives and teaches in Cambridge and runs retreats and workshops in the UK and abroad.