Kat Farrants, founder and CEO of Movement For Modern Life, talks with experts in different fields and looks at them from the point of view of a yogic lifestyle. With her discoveries, we learn how to take our Yoga practice off the mat and live a happy, healthy, sustainable life.
Do you want to explore more of Jonelle’s creativity in her classes? Check out all our classes for FREE for 14 days here: https://movementformodernlife.com/chooseplan
“The quickest way to learn is through play”
How and why should we bring creativity to our yoga practice? We chat to Jonelle Lewis, a brave, fierce and experienced yoga teacher who loves to explore a range of yoga styles.
Jonelle has an amazing way of making yoga an inclusive, accessible and empowering experience. She shares the various different yoga styles she practices, how she came to them and how can we be more fluid, free and creative on our mats.
In this episode you will find out about…
Accessibility in yoga (3:30)
- Yoga is not aspirational, it is a birthright
- Why you should forget the fanfare and focus on ease
- Discover Jonelle’s favourite teachers
- How did Jonelle try out different styles, and how can you?
Rocket yoga (11:18)
- Rocket yoga and its relationship to Ashtanga yoga
- It’s ok to find a practice scary at first!
- How to be creative with sequencing and pacing
- Why meeting your students is so important
- How having fun impacts your learning
Yin yoga (23:40)
- What is Yin yoga?
- How exploring yin yoga led to a whole new experience and self-development for Jonelle
- Just how can yin compliment other yoga practices?
- How seeking out new teachers can lead to new discoveries
- Why meditation helps Jonelle meet the world better
- How exploration can deepen your practice and find what works for you
- Why Mandala yoga is a great style to incorporate different influences
- The reason Jonelle goes to so many different teachers
- Why should we keep yoga fresh and fun?
If my intention it is not for my teaching to be accessible, then what am I doing?
Do you want to explore Jonelles’s classes? Check out all our classes for FREE for 14 days here: https://movementformodernlife.com/chooseplan
Find all of Jonelle’s classes here: https://movementformodernlife.com/yoga-teacher/jonellelewis
Follow Jonelle on Instagram here.