Sauerkraut is included in the menu every day of our 7 day Cellular Renewal Challenge. It’s such an incredible food and so we thought we’d share a sneaky preview of the recipe!
This fermented cabbage, Sauerkraut – a German dish of chopped pickled cabbage – is a very important component of your diet, not only during the detox time as it is so cleansing, but for your long term health.
Sauerkraut is incredibly good at strengthening the immune system and helping with toxin elimination. Because it gets better the longer it ferments, the best thing to do is to prepare a large batch for the week (and if you are taking part in our Cellular Renewal Challenge make it at least a day before your programme starts (it will keep for a month).
(Our 7 Day Cellular Renewal Challenge has been designed as an intelligent and holistic approach to cleansing your body. The programme will let you restore and supercharge your system by following daily expert instruction across nutrition, yoga and mindfulness. )
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 white cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 6 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Shred or grate cabbage and carrots.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour over the cabbage and carrots, and mix through.
- Let it sit at room temperature overnight or 24 hours in a ceramic or glass bowl, no need to cover.
- Transfer into a sealable glass jar and put in the fridge for the rest of the week.
What did you think of this recipe?
Do let us know if you give the Sauerkraut recipe a try, or if you already make or buy a good sauerkraut.
Or did you start the Challenge?
We love to hear your comments!
Leave a Reply