You’re on Day 5 of the Big Sleep Challenge. We really hope you’re enjoying the challenge as much as us and the yogis have enjoyed putting it together for you!
Day 5: What to do
- Reflect and see if you can make some small changes in the way you move and eat today.
- Enjoy your evening routine of Gandha Sleep Ritual, yoga class and journaling.
- Set your alarm in time for morning journaling and yoga.
- Let us know what you had for breakfast on the FaceBook Movers Group.
- Don’t worry if you can’t achieve all of this. Love and accept yourself as you are and do your best!
Move More; Live More
Many of us lead more sedentary lives than is good for us these days. If you’re like us, you spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen and sitting down, which as we all know isn’t so good for us. If you don’t already, see if you can up your exercise regime. If you’re able to exercise vigorously each day, as well as practicing your daily yoga, this has been shown to help the quality of sleep at night. If you’re not able to run, cycle or swim – just walk more, take the stairs or simply do some squats in the morning.
Also be mindful to not overeat as this will disrupt your sleep routine. Did you know that the right amount of sleep regulates both your metabolism and your appetite?
Heard of cheese dreams? Over-consumption of rich foods, particularly those high in saturated fat, have your heart pumping harder which of course keeps you awake. Eating too late and overeating can cause indigestion with all the pain associated with that – so eat earlier and not too rich in the evenings.
For the next few days, we challenge you to eat lightly in your evening meal, and exercise more, perhaps almost feeling hungry before bed and eating like the proverbial horse in the morning.
Eat lightly, move more and see how you feel!
Kat and Team MFML